We've moved to the...

All new thedancecurrent.com

You will be redirected in 4 seconds


Headlines and details published by The Dance Current.

Monday, January 4, 2010

ESBCM renames library to honour Vincent Warren


>> by Cynthia Brett
The École supérieure de ballet contemporain de Montréal (ESBCM) is renaming its library to Bibliolthèque de la danse Vincent-Warren in April 2010 to honour Warren's contributions to the school's history. In a press release, ESBCM called Warren, "the defender, the promoter ... the very soul of the Bibliothèque de la danse," which holds over 25,000 documents. "Because I am passionate about dance history and am an insatiable collector, my enthusiasm for the library project in 1979 was immediate and I therefore dedicated all of my free time to it. Forty years later, I am told that it will bear my name. I am enormously moved, touched and sincerely very pleased to be recognized in this way," commented Warren. Before teaching dance history at ESBCM, Warren danced for Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal, Le Groupe de la Place Royale, Théâtre-Français de la Danse, The Metropolitan Opera Ballet and Opera de Cologne. Warren will also be honoured with a tribute luncheon in June 2010 by the Society for Canadian Dance Studies at its conference in Ottawa. http://www.esbcm.org/
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment